/ Product Manager
We’re a friendly team attempting to solve two major problems facing businesses globally and locally:
- Bridge the global tech talent gap, one African developer at a time
- Enable the growth of African companies through technology
To achieve this, we are identifying and training talented Kenyan developers like you on technical and soft skills to be ready to deliver with international standards for companies locally and globally. You will grow with us, either be working on local solutions to empower African businesses, or as a full integrated team member of a global tech team.
We are now looking for a collaborative and humble Product Manager who is passionate about building products that customers love. You will join a dynamic and fast-paced environment and work with cross-functional teams to design, build and roll-out products that deliver our clients’ vision and strategy.
In this role, you should be a team player with a keen eye for detail and problem-solving skills. Your goal will be to help our software engineers build efficient programs and systems that serve user needs. Join us and get to master the professional and technical skills you need to succeed as a product manager, working on a variety of projects for companies across the globe.
- Define and deliver products that meet and exceed the expectations of your team, managers, and client partners
- Gain a deep understanding of customer experience, identify and fill product gaps and generate new ideas that grow market share, improve customer experience and drive growth for our clients
- Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners
- Translate product strategy into detailed requirements and prototypes
- Scope and prioritize activities based on business and customer impact
- Work closely with engineering teams to deliver with quick time-to-market and optimal resources
- Drive product launches
- Act as a product evangelist to build awareness and understanding
- Potentially represent the clients by visiting customers to solicit feedback on clients’ products and services
- Commit to continued professional growth
- Share your knowledge and positive approach to your fellow Jenga team members
Location: Our offices are at Nairobi Garage, Pinetree Plaza, Nairobi, Kenya (maps)
Working Hours: Full-time, Monday-Friday, 8:00-18:00
- Proven work experience in product management
- A proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle
- A proven ability to develop product and effectively communicate recommendations to executive management
- A solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies
- Outstanding problem solving skills and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done
- Had exposure to agile methodologies
- An in-depth understanding of the entire web development process (design, development and deployment)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A degree in Computer Science, IT or a related field from an accredited university is a strong plus
- Enjoy collaborating and problem-solving. You are a strong team player you know how to get others to work well together
- Have a vibrant personality and strong communication skills (English; verbal and written)
- Have strong opinions weakly held - you can defend a position, but give it up easily when consensus is against you even if you're right.
- Are humble, no room for brilliant jerks
- Have an ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment
- Have the ability to work with a high degree of autonomy and limited supervision
- Have the ability to build rapport and communicate with individuals from diverse cultural backgrounds
- Want to understand the commercial impact and play nicely with product
- Are strongly motivated by our mission and want to have a tangible impact on the African businesses and tech communities
- Work in a team with diverse backgrounds and an open-communication culture
- Learn by being provided with regular and constructive feedback, mentoring, training opportunities and our in-house knowledge base
- Gain valuable experience through your involvement in projects across multiple industries and business sizes
- Thrive with a high level of autonomy and responsibility in a small, agile,and growing team, to demonstrate your skills and grow through merit
- Deliver a tangible impact on customer satisfaction, as Jenga is committed to finding the right solution for the right client and delivering it with the highest level of professional standards
- Promote the growth of African businesses, by equipping them with the right tools and support to unleash their potential
- Be yourself! We embrace difference and know that if you can be yourself at work, you'll be happier, more motivated and creative. We want you to bring your whole self to work, to have your own perspective and know that you belong.
- Competitive salary, that will grow as you grow
- 21 days holiday – and we will make you take it. Burnout is not big or clever.
- Limitless challenge and scope for development. You are joining us at a very exciting time and have the opportunity to take this role in your preferred direction as we grow.
- As much of our time as you need. You professional growth is important to us, and we want to help you to be awesome.
- Sensible problems that will add real value to real people. Work without impact is meaningless.
- More benefits to come as we grow – and as a team member, we’ll ask for your suggestions!
- The recruitment process takes place in 3 steps:
- An online form to fill in
- A face to face on-site interview including a technical test
- A job offer!
- Please note: Completion of the online form is required in order to be considered. Please allow yourself enough time to complete it. Please be aware that you will have to complete it at once, as you will be unable to return to it later.
If this looks like you, please send us your resume and cover letter at email@example.com