/ Developer Placement Sales Executive
Jenga is a Kenyan start-up that helps companies build distributed engineering teams with top African talent. Jenga recruits and trains high calibre software engineers, “developers”, and places them remotely on flexible engagements (short-term or long-term) with global tech companies. Jenga’s developers are junior generalists with exposure to several programming languages and frameworks who can adapt to company-specific needs.
Jenga is looking for an energetic and driven individual with a passion for sales to join our team as a Developer Placement Sales Executive to find work opportunities for Jenga’s software engineers in companies with a focus on tech start-ups (early stage to mature) around the world.
The Sales Executive will focus on pre-sales and will specialize in researching high-quality prospects over phone and e-mail, using multiple online developer recruitment channels such as Upwork as well as directly identifying suitable companies in global tech start-up hubs. The Sales Executive will need to qualify each opportunity and build a sales-qualified pipeline of prospects. Once qualified, these leads will be transitioned to Jenga’s senior team who will close the sale.
The sales-qualified pipeline must have a medium-to-high likelihood of materializing into an actual sale. The Sales Executive will ensure this by:
- Identifying the right pool of companies based on a selection criteria
- Marketing Jenga’s development placement offering and positioning Kenya as a tech-hub churning out high quality developers
- Building relationships with the right company representative &
- Capturing company requirements/pain points in detail
The key KPIs for this role will be the number of leads generated and the ratio of leads to sales-qualified leads.
- Independently set and monitor targets
- Select focus geographies with line managers
- Set targets and validate with line manager
- Monitor performance against targets
- Report progress and share insights during weekly check-in with line manager
- Engage in strategic lead prospecting
- Identify all appropriate online channels for Jenga to position remote developer service offering
- Identify suitable companies who could be interested in our services in focus geographies
- Identify new avenues by which to market Jenga offering and generate leads such as entrepreneur meet-ups, conferences
- Define criteria to qualify the leads
- Prepare each Customer Interaction thoroughly
- Develop fluency with Jenga service offering (product, price, target segment) and positioning Kenya as a tech-hub
- Research company:
- Activity and aspirations
- Core product/application & technical details
- Developer requirement
- Identify key contact person to pursue the discussion with, i.e. CTO, Product Manager, senior developer
- Define questionnaire for company
- Confidently cold-call Leads
- Set-up initial phone conversation with key contact
- Make the call and follow-through with questionnaire whilst making detailed notes
- Grasp the opportunity for Jenga
- Maintain high standards of Customer service
- Input each prospective lead on Jenga CRM and update each customer interaction in detail
- Ensure momentum in each customer relationship by following up regularly and diligently
- Transition hot leads to senior management in a timely way
- Analyse and update pipeline daily
- Transition leads to senior management at the appropriate moment
- Minimum BSc degree with upper class honours
- Minimum 2 years of work experience, sales experience is a major plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel & Powerpoint
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to interact with professionals from the USA/Europe
- Hunger to achieve sales targets
- Passion about sales and working at Jenga
- Takes initiative to find creative ways to sell Odoo ERP
- Self-motivated and steps-up to take charge in a high pressure and demanding environment
- Networking Ability
- Excellent communication skills
- Empathy to build effective relationships with customers
- Thoroughness in customer engagement
- Work in a team with diverse backgrounds and an open-communication culture
- Learn by being provided with regular and constructive feedback, mentoring, training opportunities and our in-house knowledge base
- Gain valuable experience through your involvement in projects across multiple industries and business sizes
- Thrive with a high level of autonomy and responsibility in a small, agile, and growing team, to demonstrate your skills and grow through merit
- Deliver a tangible impact on customer satisfaction, as Jenga is committed to finding the right solution for the right client and delivering it with the highest level of professional standards
- Promote the growth of African businesses, by equipping them with the right tools and support to unleash their potential
- Competitive salary, that will grow as you grow
- 21 days holiday – and we will make you take it. Burnout is not big or clever.
- Limitless challenge and scope for development. You are joining us at a very exciting time and have the opportunity to take this role in your preferred direction as we grow.
- As much of our time as you need. You professional growth is important to us, and we want to help you to be awesome.
- Sensible problems that will add real value to real people. Work without impact is meaningless.
- More benefits to come as we grow – and as a team member, we’ll ask for your suggestions!
- The recruitment process takes place in 3 steps:
- Pre-screening: An online form to fill in
- Qualified candidates invited for a face-to-face interview at our office
- Interview outcome communicated
If this looks like you, please send us your name, email, LinkedIn link, Github link, resume and cover letter at firstname.lastname@example.org